I recently heard a radioadvertisementextolling a woman’s most important accessory being her hair – have to disagree. In myopinion, the appearance of one’s skin is perhaps the most important asset or ‘accessory’ for both women and men.And, one of the most accessible and expedient ways to enhance your appearance is to improve the appearance of your skin.
If you wish to improve the appearance of your skin, skin rejuvenation or resurfacing may be right for you. According to theAmerican Society of Plastic Surgeons,“skin rejuvenation can be achieved in a number of ways, ranging from laser, light and other energy-based treatments to chemical peels and other non-ablative methods.
The result is a smoother, clearer and more youthful appearance to your skin.”Generally speaking,resurfacing will improve the clarity, texture and overall appearance of yourskin. TheMayo Clinic explainsthereare two types of resurfacing:
- A wounding (ablative) laser, which removes thin layers of skin
- Anonwounding(nonablative) laser, which stimulates collagen growth and tightens underlying skin
- Static wrinkles: These wrinkles are visible at all times and do not change in appearance with facial movements.
- Dynamic wrinkles: Theseexpression linesmay appear as folds when the skin is not moving, and deepen with facial movements or expressions.
- Pigmentation: Freckles,sunspots,melasma(patchy brown, tan, or blue-gray facial skin discoloration, almost entirely seen in women in the reproductive years),
- Scars: As the result of acne or injury to the skin, scars may be rolling (a wavy appearance to the skin), pitted, discolored, or have raisedhas also been used to lessen the appearance of third degree burns.
- Vascular conditions: Blood vessels visible on the surface of the skin, vascular lesions that appear as tiny blood filled blisters or even a constant flush of facial redness.
- Loss of skin tone: Weakening of the supportive skin structure (collagen and elastin fibers) that results in a loss of skin firmness, or the development of cellulite.
What can skin rejuvenation treat?
Skin rejuvenation is a treatment to resurface your skin, or to improve the texture, clarity and overall appearance of your skin. Conditions that can be treated include:
Ok, now that you have your skin glowing, perhaps your next attribute that needs attention just might be your hair. But, then again…have you thought aboutCoolSculpting? It’s another fantastic treatment also offered at Dr. Tran’s office!