Beauty and body standards of the society for most of the time have always unfairly favored skinny over curvy. With changing times, women have not only come to appreciate their curves but an increasing number of them are looking for cosmetic options to achieve a fuller and curvier appearance. Big butts are all the rage now and a Brazilian Butt Lift might be just what you are looking for.
A Brazilian Butt lift is a surgical procedure where fat from other parts of the body is transferred to the rear end to achieve a fuller, rounder and aesthetically pleasing appearance. This is a procedure distinct from Butt enhancement using implants.
- Consultation with the Cosmetic Surgeon:
- This is the first step for anyone considering the procedure. A competent doctor will address all your thoughts, concerns and expectations and determine your candidature for the lift.
- The procedure involves fat transfer from other body parts and it is essential to make sure that the patient has enough fat stores for the transfer and is otherwise healthy to go through the procedure.
- Once all the checks are made and all details resolved, the doctor will schedule the surgery.
- The Brazilian Butt lift is an outpatient surgery. The patient is administered local or general anesthesia depending upon the complexity of the surgery.
- The actual procedure involves harvesting of fat from other areas such as abdomen, thighs, lower back or any other area using liposuction.
- The harvested fat stores are purified and prepared for transfer to the butt. The surgeon makes a few incisions and the stored fat is injected into the butt to achieve the desired look.
- Once the transfer is complete, the surgeon will close up the incisions with stitches and compression bandages are placed on the operated area.
- The patient is kept under observation after the surgery and is discharged the same day if no complications persist.
- Although the patient is discharged on the same day from the hospital after the surgery, special care is needed after the surgery.
- The patient is not to sit or sleep on the butt for a minimum period of two weeks as the butt is operated and has stitches placed in. The patients are strictly instructed to sleep on their stomachs or sides.
- Swelling and some bruising after the surgery is considered normal and expected to subside in due time.
- The pain experienced is minimal in most cases and necessary medication is prescribed by the doctor for the same.
- All physical activity that can potentially put pressure on the buttocks is advised to be avoided.
- The doctor will advise the patient to sit on soft surface like a pillow after a couple of weeks and normal sitting is allowed only after 2 months.
- The complete results will show around 6 months after the surgery.